Heading to Modesto for this year's CalGIS Conference? You might want to think about coming in a bit early to take advantage of a free pre-conference seminar from ESRI. This is modeled after the Desktop Tips & Tricks seminars that folks had to pay for last year.
Be sure to register for this event.
Please note that you must be registered for CalGIS to attend the pre-conference seminar.
From the CalGIS site:
ESRI is pleased to invite you to attend a pre-conference “ArcGIS Desktop Productivity Tips Workshop” presented by ESRI technical staff. This workshop is intended for intermediate skilled users of ArcGIS Desktop who are looking to learn productivity tips and techniques to improve efficiency with ArcGIS Desktop 9.2. The attendees will be provided handouts of the presentation materials in order to follow along with the workshop lecture and demonstrations. This workshop does NOT include hands-on computer workstations. Topics covered in the presentation and demonstrations will include:
- Tips and tricks for working with Excel files in ArcMap
- Working with CAD data
- Managing map documents, layers, and other ArcMap “hidden” settings
- Time-saving tips for cartography and working with symbols
- Exporting and printing from ArcMap tips
- Shortcuts and techniques for modifying feature data with the ArcMap Editor
- Plenty of time for Questions & Answers!
This workshop will be in Salons I & II of the rooms in the Grand Ballroom, signage will be posted by each door.
April 22, 2008 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and Q & A from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.