A collection of various GIS related links, information and other GIS blogs.

Friday, November 04, 2011

Locations for Sandbag pickup in San Diego County

The County of San Diego is nice enough to provide free sandbags to folks that live in the unincorporated areas. Great on days like today when we get the first real rain of the season - or for people that still have fire scares on their property, etc.

The County website has additional information here: http://www.countynewscenter.com/news/county-giving-free-sand-bags-residents

Quickly you will see that there are seven locations. There are partial addresses and no map to help you get your bearings.

I decided to map it out. I did a little copy/paste work putting the location info into a CSV file. Loaded that up into ArcGIS Explorer Online to geocode the locations and do some editing of the icons and such. Dropped that into the ArcGIS.com Map Viewer and shared it out publicly, and also generated the HTML code to pop into this quick blog post.

Now I know where to go in Valley Center if I should need some sandbags!


View Larger Map
Hopefully I won't need them, but if I do...

No comments: